Coaches 'Code of Conduct'
Roncalli College Netball
Code of Conduct for Coaches
As a coach appointed by Roncalli College, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct as a coach.
• Encourage effort and skill, this will increase self-esteem and self confidence.
• Be a role model for the principles of Fairplay and ensure players display the same qualities.
• Display a professional manner with regard to language, preparation, planning and presentation
• Remember children’s main reason for playing is for fun!
• Encourage players to show respect for opponents, team-mates, umpires, officials and spectators.
• Follow advice of medics when determining if an injured player is ready to resume or not.
• Treat all equally and cater for individual difference based on gender, ethnic origin, religion or ability.
• Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of the players.
• Respect the talent, development stage and goals of each player.
• Ensure players enjoy and develop their skills and play by using positive, specific and constructive feedback.
• Commit to increasing knowledge of sound coaching principles and development stages of young people.
• Be reasonable in demands on player’s time, energy and enthusiasm.
• Allow opportunities for players to develop decision making.
• If you need to borrow a player from another team, approach that team’s coach in the first instance for permission to use the player.
• If there is a problem or issue with a player or parent that you and your manager cannot solve, contact either the RCNC chairperson or the Roncalli College Sports Co-ordinator in charge of Netball for assistance.
• In regards to extra clothing for your team (e.g. warm-up Tshirts, fleeces), contact the RCNC to be advised of what extra clothing besides the standard uniform can be organised.
The Roncalli College Netball Committee wish to thank you for your time and
effort coaching a team, and wish you all the best for the season.
If you have any questions please contact the Roncalli College Sports Co-ordinator in charge of netball or the RCNC chairperson.